The Palladian style Dumfries House, in Scotland, was built circa 1750.
The house and its contents were rescued by Prince Charles in 2007, through the formation of a Consortion to purchase the house for £45million.
The Prince provided a £20 million loan through his charitable trust, to save the house and contents for the Nation and prevent it being converted into a golf course.
Dumfries House is furnished with some of the finest 18th century original Chippendale furniture. The commissioned pieces were designed and built by Thomas Chippendale, himself.
Around 10% of the Chippendale furniture remaining in the world today reside at Dumfries House.